Join now & win money today!

Yonkers Peek At Program-Friday, December 15

 

 

Some insights into tonight’s racing program for our IdaBet players, beginning final weekend of season.

 

1ST RACE – (5) TOWNSLIGHT HANOVER was a local track record-holder as a frosh many moons ago. One win each of last two seasons and bottom claimer.

 

4TH RACE – (1) DECLARATION OF WAR seems to be more a competent sort when he knows he’s for sale. Is so again here, and winning draw won’t hurt.

 

5TH RACE – (1) BRALEY HANOVER is officially on notice, disappointing us constantly since hitting town. Once more shot from pole before we pay no mind.

 

6TH RACE – (6) JUSTICE MY WAY has worked for this missive more than once. Chased home handy winner in much-improved effort, not exactly consistent.

 

7TH RACE – (5) SASSA HANOVER has had misfortune of going up against resurgent ma’am in last couple. Millionairess not lass she was, but can work here.

 

10TH RACE – (2) BROWN BRINNY continues to draw well and continues to get gazed. She’s never a surprise with half a trip at this level, wouldn’t be here.

 

12TH RACE – (4) LAKEISHA HALL offered some late, 50-1 pace last week in distaff derby. Leaves adults, but this high-condition finale came up quite tough.

——

$2 +/- (thru Tue., Dec. 12) – 322 wins [inc. 2 dead-heats] ($2,404.50)

from 1,473 ($2,946) selex (-$541.50, making the parents proud)

highest-priced winner – GYPSY LEATHER ($57.50)

lowest-priced winner – GREAT VINTAGE/FUNKNWAFFLES ($2.20 each)

BY FRANK DRUCKER,

Publicity Director, Empire City @ Yonkers Raceway

Thank you for choosing IdaBet.com!

YOUNG BUCKS CHASE BIG M DREAM

 Two names that might not be familiar to Meadowlands regulars will be appearing in the program more and more during the winter months, and Mitchell Cushing and Austin Siegelman are prepared to do what it takes to make it on the sizable Big M stage.

The first of these two youngsters is 19-year-old Cushing, who was actually contacted while making his way from his Albion, Maine home to the Meadowlands Thursday night.

I’m on my way there now,” said Cushing, who graduated high school in June of 2016. “It’s about six hours to get there. It’ll be my second time driving at the Meadowlands. Last week, I drove one horse.”

Six hours in the car for one drive. Why?

For the love of the sport,” said Cushing, who has been driving regularly for a year and a half in Maine and Massachusetts. “It’s always been a childhood dream to drive at the Meadowlands.”

It may not be a six-hour trip, but when Pocono Downs races, Siegelman drives four days a week from Pocono to Monticello and back. On days such as Thursday, once Monti is done, it’s 90 minutes one way to the Big M.

Siegelman has been driving full-time for about four years. His father James has horses at Pocono that Austin drives, but with Pocono dark for the winter, the 25-year-old is taking another...

Stoney Bennett Headlines NYSS Great White Way


Set to make only his fourth career start, Stoney Bennett will headline a field of seven in the $150,000 New York Stallion Series Great White Way for 2-year-olds at six furlongs on Sunday at Aqueduct Racetrack.
A son of Bustin Stones in the care of Maryland based trainer Ollie Figgins, III for owners Roddy Valente, Darlene Bilinski and Richard Alfred, the New York-bred won impressively in his debut on September 15 at Belmont Park, besting a field of eight by 3 ¾ lengths.

Making his next start facing stakes competition in the Sleepy Hollow on October 21 at Belmont, he dueled inside most of the way to finish fourth. Cutting back to six furlongs in his most recent start in the Notebook on November 26, he left the gate awkwardly and rushed up to finish second.

“He shipped up last week and had a good breeze over the track, so we’re looking forward to see how he’ll run Saturday,” said Figgins. “He came out of his last start in good shape. Irad [Ortiz, Jr.] said he was a little green and reluctant to pass horses, so we’re going to add blinkers. Last time, he also broke terribly so if he gets a clean break, I would expect him to be forwardly placed.”
With Ortiz, Jr. in the irons, the pair will leave from post 2.
Philip Birsch’s Belleville Spring will make his first start for trainer George Weaver. Sired by multiple graded stakes winner Trinniberg, he finished second in his debut against open company on November 17 at Churchill Downs before being transferred from trainer Wayne Mackey.
Manny Franco will be in the irons as the pair leave from post 4.
Dezzer will be shipping up from Florida for trainer Jorge Navarro and owner Joseph Besecker. The Desert Party colt won his lone career start on October 13 at Belmont winning by 3 ¼ lengths earning a 69 Beyer Speed...

Monticello Picks For Thursday, December 14

For our IdaBet players, here are the Thursday Picks for Monticello. Happy Wagering!

1ST RACE: 1-4-3-5

2ND RACE: 3-4-6-1

3RD RACE: 3-4-7-6

4TH RACE: 6-3-2-9

5TH RACE: 1-4-5-2

6TH RACE: 7-6-2-1

7TH RACE: 5-4-8-3

8TH RACE: 2-4-7-5

Lock It Up At Flamboro Downs On Race 6 With The #1 Ten Carat

Thursday’s “Lock” is at Flamboro Downs on race 6 with the #1-Ten Carat-Has the rail and back class to win for red hot driver Robert Shepherd.
Yesterday’s “Lock” won again, making Howard’s record now: 160 of 258 wins, with 420 seconds and 17 thirds.
Thank you for your continued support of Flamboro Downs and IdaBet!

Over $600,000 Raised To Help Victims Of San Luis Rey Downs Training Center

Over $600,000 Raised To Help Victims Of San Luis Rey Downs Training Center

Dec 13, 2017

OVER $600,000 NOW RAISED TO HELP VICTIMS OF LAST WEEK’S SAN LUIS REY DOWNS TRAINING CENTER FIRE BY THE STRONACH GROUP/SANTA ANITA & DEL MAR GOFUNDME EFFORT

$250,000 HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR IMMEDIATE DISPERSAL TO ASSIST WITH URGENT EXPENSES

More than $600,000 currently has been raised via donations to the TSG/Santa Anita & Del Mar GoFundMe account through a world-wide outpouring to help the victims of last Thursday’s devastating Lilac Fire which destroyed eight barns at San Luis Rey Downs Training Center, claiming the lives of 46 Thoroughbreds and displacing hundreds of workers.

To address immediate needs, a working committee has been formed to oversee those funds and has announced that $250,000 will be distributed this week to those in critical need. “We have well over 200 stable workers that have been severely impacted by this fire, some have lost everything and all have been significantly affected by the fire,” said Newby. “The committee is allocating an immediate disbursement of $500 each for every one of these workers to help them with living expenses and immediate needs. Getting this much needed financial assistance to the grooms and other stable workers as quickly as possible is a top priority for all of us and this will ensure they’ll have the money within two days.”

Jerkens, who has been overseeing a massive relief effort in the Del Mar Stable Area, noted that 20 different trainers were stabled in those barns at San Luis Rey that were destroyed by Thursday’s fire. He pointed to a need for supplies—bridles, halters, saddles, bits, webbings, bandages, feed buckets, stall mats, hay nets and more.

“Financial assistance to these trainers will be based and allocated on the size of their stable so that we can help with immediate needs to care for their horses,” said Jerkens. “By assisting the trainers who lost everything, we not only ensure their horses are receiving everything they need, it also...